MCAS 2015 Results
We have great news to share with you about our MCAS scores! Our 10th grade students – your sons and daughters – not only outscored area schools, but also achieved 100% proficient and advanced scores on both the math and English exams!
I want to congratulate you and your children for this remarkable performance. We are so proud of your sons’ and daughters’ achievement and so grateful for your continued support and commitment to their education and to HCSS.
We're #1 in the State!
Last year's MCAS results are in and HCSS did better than we ever could have imagined. Based on our Student Growth Percentage (SGP), last year's 10th grade class ranked #1 in Math and #2 in ELA in the entire state! We were also one of only a few schools in the state to reach 100% proficiency for the whole 10th grade.
HCSS Kenya Community Service Trip
The National Honor Society proudly announce its Community Service Trip to Kenya. The HCSS NHS is serving not only our community but the global community. During Spring Break of 2016, students, parents, and teachers of HCSS will be visiting Kenya. The purpose of this trip is to help and support the people in need; with the focus on orphaned children. HCSS students will have a chance to know more about other cultures, meet the local people, broaden their horizon, and get life experiences that are not available to most. During Spring Break of 2015, HCSS visited six orphanage houses and provided them with enough essential food to last about three months.
After School Programs
HCSS Family Picnic
Student Ambassador Applications
Hampden Charter School of Science will be administering the Preliminary SAT/National Merit Scholarship Qualifying Test (PSAT/NMSQT) to all eleventh grade students on Wednesday, October 14th. This exam is open to ninth and tenth grade students who are interested in.
This exam is very important for several reasons.
- It's a standardized test that provides firsthand practice for the redesigned SAT. It also gives you a chance to enter NMSC scholarship programs and gain access to college and career planning tools.
- Your child automatically enters the competition for scholarships from NMSC.
- You will be able to receive feedback on your strengths and weaknesses on skills necessary for college study. You can then focus your preparation on those areas that could most benefit from additional study or practice.
- PSAT/NMSQT is prepared by SAT test makers. It provides firsthand practice for the redesigned SAT Test and gives students a comprehensive analysis of their answers so they can be better prepared to take the new SAT.
- The PSAT/NMSQT is divided into three parts: critical reading: 60 mins, 47 questions; writing and language: 35 mins, 44 questions; and math; 70 mins, 47 questions. Total: 165 mins and 138 questions. The test is reflective of the redesigned SAT that your child will take in their junior and senior years.
Fee: PSAT/NMSQT is given by College Board and the fee for the 2015 PSAT/NMSQT is $14. Please return your check payable to: Hampden Charter School of Science or cash to HCSS main office by September 25, 2014.
Note: All juniors will be taking PSAT/NMSQT for free of charge.
Dismissal time: Dismissal time will remain the same on the test date.
Test Materials: We strongly recommend that a calculator needs to be brought to school for this test along with two #2 pencils. Do not forget your eraser and sharpener.